Monday, November 24, 2008

Third Round Picks.....

After a great first week, going 7-1 in the 3-A East bracket, as well as correctly picking Tarboro to advance, let's just say I fell off a bit.

Well, it's like they say, you can fall as fast as you rise. My second week was almost a complete opposite of the first. Here were my picks...

West Craven
Kinston X ----- SouthWest Edgecombe
Rocky Mount
Hertford County X ----- Eastern Alamance

But I guess going .500 isn't so bad, and my overall record is still a good 10-3.

Now to this week's games.

(6) SouthWest Edgecombe at (2) West Craven
- These two hooked up early in the season, with West Craven winning. I expect this match-up to be a lot closer Friday night.

(5) Eastern Alamance at (1) Rocky Mount
- The last three Gryphon seasons have been ended by Western Alamance. One thought - NEW TEAM, NEW YEAR!

With those thoughts, I am predicting Friday night to go the Twin Counties' way, with both SWE and Rocky Mount coming away winners.

You would be hard pressed to find a fan around the area that wouldn't like to see the Cougars and their Pinetops following head on up to the Rocky Mount Athletic Complex to face the Gryphons with the Eastern Final and a trip to the State Championship on the line. Now wouldn't that be a tough ticket to grab!

But for that match-up to become a reality, both teams must handle busness and hold up their end of the bargin. For the real fans out there, let's hope so!

Finally, again this week I like Tarboro to advance at home over Goldsboro in the 2-A Eastern bracket. The Vikings beat Goldsboro earlier this season, and I don't see anything changing this time.

No comments: