Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Too competitive...

Maybe it's because I've played sports so long. Or because I think the game is about more than just having fun. But above all, it's probably because I hate losing. Hate it.

With that being said, maybe next fall I shouldn't play intermural flag football. Writing this, I have just come in from experiencing a pounding defeat in the first round of the playoffs. This shouldn't have been too suprising, considering the team only won one regular season game, by forfeit never the less, but I hated that I had to stand there while another team was celebrating and pulling trick plays and trying to run up the score...give me credit, I'm sitting here with two scrapped up knees after diving after a guy trying to juck past me into the endzone after picking me off. (I shouldn't have thrown an INT, but that's what happens when you're playing against teams full of former high school players who have enough guys to play offensive and defensive players and still have subs, while my team's out there with the required 7 - including a girl. Don't count out the girl, she hauled in two of my rare completions, and she's a member of the volleyball team here at UNC-P.

Speaking of volleyball, our team has begun practicing for the winter intermural indoor season, and we do have girls that played in high school, so we may have a chance.

Staying with volleyball, I read that the Gryphon girls lost in the second round of the playoffs, ending the season and Coach Debbie Webb's career. She was a great person and I'm sure a great coach, and she will be greatly missed next season. Best of luck to her!

In other Rocky Mount news, the way I read it, I missed the game of the year on Monday in Pinetops, as SouthWest held the Gryphons offense to a 7-0 game, Give credit to the D-Block, keeping a shutout despite four tournovers.

----

The World Series starts tonight and I'm picking the Tampa Bay Rays in 6.

They beat the Sox, and I like their young team.

Dickie-V likes 'em, so I will too.

No comments: