Monday, October 12, 2009

A little UNCP stuff for you....

I decided that since I am the Assistant Sports Editor for the campus newspaper, I should show everyone a little of what I've been doing.

Visit www.uncp.edu/pineneedle/ and follow the 'Read Complete On-line Editions Here' link to read both the News and Sports sections. Pages will open as PDF files.

In newspaper, front page stories are called features. I have had several feature stories, and I am going to post my favorites here.

The first is about sophomore volleyball player Allie Schneider, who gathered the Peach Belt Conference Freshman of the Year award last season, and is on this season's pre-season All Conference team.

The second is a three part story we first brought to the campus' attention last March. Senior Braves wrestler J.J. Davis has had his experience of a lifetime, but it was all work and no play.

Read up! I hope everyone enjoys!

No comments: